Mela Works Ltd (we or us) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy, together with the Mela approach to GDPR, our Terms and Conditions of Use and any other documents referred to on it, sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By using our services and visiting www.mela.work (our site) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Mela Works Ltd of Old Theatre Court - 50, 123 Park Street, London, United Kingdom, SE1 9ES.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information to provide better services to all of our users - from figuring out basic stuff like which language you speak, to more complex things like what content of ours matters most to you.
We collect and process the data about you in the following ways:
- Information you give us. We collect information about you and your company as you register for an account with us, create or modify your profile, use, access, or interact with our services or our websites (including but not limited to when you: upload, download, collaborate on or share content) and when you report a problem with our site. Such content includes any personal information or other sensitive information that you choose to include. For example, many of our services require you to sign up for an account with us. When you do, we'll ask for personal information, like your name, email address, telephone number or credit card. We may present your name, email address or image to other users in your organisation, or otherwise associated with your account in order to assist in sharing or recommendations.
- Information we get from your use of our services. We may collect information about the services that you use and how you use them, like when you visit a website that uses our services or you view and interact with our content. This information includes:
- Device information - We may collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number) or device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page. We may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your account.
- Log information - When you use our services or view content provided by us, we may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This may include:
- details of how you used our service, such as your search queries;
- Internet Protocol address; and
- clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time of your request) and referral URL.
- Location information - When you use a location-enabled Mela service, we may collect and process information about your actual location, like GPS signals sent by a mobile device. We may also use various technologies to determine location, such as sensor data from your device that may, for example, provide information on nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.
- Unique application numbers - Certain services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to us when you install or uninstall that service or when that service periodically contacts our servers, such as for automatic updates.
- Local storage - We may collect and store information (including personal information) locally on your device using mechanisms such as browser web storage (including HTML 5) and application data caches.
We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use the information we collect, including your personal information and transaction information, from all of our services in any one or more of the locations that Mela has operations or otherwise conducts business (these locations currently being the United Kingdom and Italy) for the following purposes:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you or permit selected third parties to provide you with information about services we think may be useful or relevant to you;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to promote our services and related services;
- to analyze information in order to offer anonymized data products to third parties;
- to facilitate the sharing of anonymized information with third parties, including transaction data. An example of anonymized information would be the number of times a template is used or location data;
- to monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our services and for marketing or advertising purposes or to offer you tailored content;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- for internal and service-related purposes, such as to provide, maintain, protect, improve, and personalize our services, to develop new ones and to protect the rights, property, or safety of Mela and our users;
- to investigate, prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to or use of our services, and other illegal or unusual activities and, as part of our efforts, to keep our site safe and secure;
- to use the name you provide for your Mela profile across all of the services we offer that require a Mela Account. In addition, we may replace past names associated with your Mela Account so that you are represented consistently across all our services. If other users already have your email, or other information that identifies you, we may show them your publicly visible Mela profile information, such as your name and photo;
- when you contact us, to keep a record of your communication to help solve any issues you might be facing. We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements;
- from cookies and other technologies, to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our services;
- to combine information from one service, including personal information, into other Mela services - for example to make it easier to share things with people you know;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
TRANSPARENCY AND CHOICE
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect, so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used and control who you share information with.
You may also set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it's important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. For example, you may not be able to login to Mela or utilise other services.
INFORMATION YOU SHARE
Many of our services let you share information with others. Remember that when you share information publicly, it may be indexable by search engines. Our services provide you with different options on sharing and removing your content.
ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Whenever you use our services, we aim to provide you with access to your personal information. If that information is wrong, we strive to give you ways to update it quickly or to delete it - unless we have to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes. When updating your personal information, we may ask you to verify your identity before we can act on your request.
We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes).
Where we can provide information access and correction, we will do so for free, except where it would require a disproportionate effort. We aim to maintain our services in a manner that protects information from accidental or malicious destruction. Because of this, after you delete information from our services, we may not immediately delete residual copies from our active servers and may not remove information from our backup systems.
Should you wish to opt-out of our data collection and have your personal identifiable information removed, then email us at email@example.com.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals (third parties) outside of our group – which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006 – unless one of the following circumstances apply:
- With your consent. We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Mela when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
With account administrators. If your account is managed for you by an organisation administrator then your organisation’s administrator and resellers who provide user support to your organization will have access to your information (including your email and other data). Your account administrator may be able to:
- view statistics regarding your account;
- change your account password;
- suspend or terminate your account access;
- access or retain information stored as part of your account;
- receive your account information in order to satisfy applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
- restrict your ability to delete or edit information.
- the overseas recipient may not be subject to the privacy laws and obligations that exist in your country or to any similar privacy laws or obligations in the recipient’s location;
- you may not be able to seek redress against the overseas recipient either under your country’s privacy laws or within the recipient’s country in relation to its handling of your personal information; and
- the overseas recipient may be subject to a foreign law that could compel the disclosure of personal information to a third party, such as an overseas authority.
- For management issues: in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; if Mela Works Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
For legal reasons. We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Mela if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
- enforce or apply applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations;
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Mela, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners - like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services. This could also include: analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site; credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you; government bodies, industry groups, insurers and educational/training facilities.
We work hard to protect Mela and our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold. In particular:
- We encrypt many of our services using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) or Transport Layer Security (TLS).
- We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems.
- We restrict access to personal information to our employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site or our services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Services and site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will not be subject to a fee.
Have questions or concerns about Mela, our services and privacy? Please email us at email@example.com.